Pages

29 September 2011

BP2 iGoogle PLE

Setting up my iGoogle was pretty easy. I have been using google for quite a while now. I have quite of few things I use on a daily basis.

The Tabs: I understand that using the tabs can be useful but I'm sort of a minimalist and I think too many tabs can be distracting. You can forget where you might have placed a gadget or two.

iGoogle Home Tab

As you see on my home tab - there are quite a few things. I added quite a few gadgets to my home tab. Some of the gadgets that I have are Google shortcuts, which is great. It's like the Mac Docks. Icons of all the things I use. The ToDO gadget: this gadget is awesome. I can type in all the things I need to accomplish for the day, week, month and then put a line thru it once I complete a task. The feeling of accomplishment is a great feeling and to be able to see it scratched off. This is great for my grocery list because I always seem to misplace the list as soon as I get into the store. Another fav gadget Google Reader. I love this. I get to read all of the blogs updates as soon as it is posted. This allows me to not miss one day of any post of blogs I am following. Now this gadget is my most top fav, Artist of the Day. This provides me with inspiration, creativity, and allows me to take just a moment away from my busy schedule to look at art pieces.

iGoogle FSO/AR Tab

Tab 2: Box of links - This gadget is very useful. This is a great way to save all your link. I also added Google Bookmarks. I am a bookmark fanatic. I must say that my computer has several bookmarks. As soon as I saw this in the gadget list, I thought to myself, "Why haven't I obtained this gadget for my page yet?" So of course I had to swipe it for my self. (swiper no swiping, swiper no swiping, swiper no swiping, oh man) Heehee, sorry I had to. It just popped into my head.

iGoogle Resources Tab

Tab 3: I actually thought that this tab was a bit redundant, but then I thought..... Well once I receive more resources this page will be filled with great things and would be all in one tab and not all scattered. As you can see I am an organizer and I tend to need to have things a certain way so that I may function properly. So after I created the tab reluctantly, due to creating too many tabs, I began to accept the tab. I began to appreciate it's capabilities.

Overall I have always enjoy using iGoogle. It's a great tool of technology to use. So many things that can be done with it. I even enjoy using Google+. It's awesome. Well enough said. till next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment