Pages

05 May 2012

Week 1: Publish or Present


Publish or Present. When I first read the assignment, I flipped my wig and began to worry and stress to see the amount of work that needed to be done with the little time I have to get it all done. The first thing I did was
contact my friends who are also attending the same school and program. I expressed my worries and then breathed and began to reread everything and take it all one-step at a time. I began to think and analyze what I wanted to do. I thought about being published but I feel that I do not possess the proper writing ability to produce a well-written article. So I went to the presentation option and I believe that this is where I belong. This is where I feel most comfortable. Being an instructor and holding a leadership position within my sorority, I have learned to be comfortable with speaking in front of an audience and presenting my idea and thoughts on a subject matter. In the presentation, creativity is much more of a possibility. This is where I am able to apply my creativity and also present the information. I feel this will also be the best way to display the work. I am a bit worried about the whole idea of standing in front of professionals and presenting. It’s a bit nerve racking but I know that I can successfully produce a great presentation. Good luck to me (oh wait) Break a leg!

2 comments:

Alyson Patrash said...

Rosa,

I was having a similar reaction to this when I first read about having to apply to present or be published. After watching you and your AR project grow over the last 10 months I agree that a presentation would be best suited to it and to your strengths. I think that you will be very successful if you can bring the swagger to your presentation that you teach your students to have in the job hunt.

jbb said...

Onward and upward, my friend. You will do great, because your work means so much to you.

Post a Comment