Pages

26 May 2012

Week 4: Classmate's Comments


week 4 reading: being the board

every chapter of this book has shifted my perception of my world a little bit. being the board tilted my perception even more. i, as many people do, often blame others for what happens to me. but in this
chapter i was presented with a new way of thinking. putting the blame on others takes all of your power, it makes it where the situation seems helpless because it is out of your realm. instead in the new way of looking at things you take that power back on to your "board" you have control of situations, or how you perceive the situation.

i try to apply all of the chapters i am reading to my own life and this one is no different. i have been really stressed out lately and often blame it on my kids, my students, homework, time. but this is taking the power away from me. if i bring everything back to my board then i can choose a different way to look at or view my world. i chose to have a family (whom a truly love and am thankful for), to work at a school with challenging students, and to attain my masters degree this year. as i sit here at the start of a holiday weekend completing homework with my youngest child on my lap my older one sitting next to me, a stack of papers to grade, and a husband urging me to hurry up so we can leave on our vacation, i have to think this is my life, this is my board and i love it. 

1 comments:

  1. Yes Mary, I hear you. I know there were times that I did the same thing. One thing that I have learned from the many books I've read is that don't forget to also incorporate the WE in the situations. You also don't want to take on the full blame, especially when there are parties involved. It's the WE that make one achieve the goals striving for. Much great success to you and your board and the WEs in your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment