Pages

21 May 2012

Week 4: Leadership Role Model Reflection

Who's your hero?? 

image by PropagandaTimes

Leadership Role Model? Interesting question. I thought about this for a while. I don't think that I have anyone in particular who I can say is my role model. I feel that the people
I've encountered and experienced have great things to offer. Leaders such as Steve Jobs and Milton Glaser display many different characteristics that provide insightful techniques to use.

Now I actually had the chance to see Milton Glaser speak live. He spoke with such enthusiasm and interest. Everyone in the room was in awe with what he was stating. The presentation was very basic but inspiring. In the similar type of presentation, Steve Jobs grabbed the attention of so many with his words. His presentations were inviting, funny and energetic. They pulled you in and kept you engaged. I have found that taking techniques from different people will make me a better presenter but an even better educator. I look at all educators, even the educators around me. Every person has something you can learn from. I know I may sound very generic but it's the truth. When teaching, I modify the lectures by what I may have learned from others. These modifications help make me a better educator, presenter, and teacher.


3 comments:

Shrav said...

Rosa, nice post. I definitely agree that borrowing ideas and techniques from others will cultivate a well-rounded and versatile educator that can cross many worlds and impact far more people. You're absolutely right by asserting that we all can learn from each other!

-Shrav

Alyson Patrash said...

Rosa,

I agree, it's so hard to pick just one person, often it's a specific thing about them you adminre, not necessarily the whole person. I think having a bunch of people to look up to, for different reasons, is not only practical, but very smart. It's pretty cool that you got to see Milton Glaser in person, that must have been a very memorable experience.

jbb said...

Excellent choices... I had the pleasure of watching two Steve Jobs keynote presentations at Macworld 2000 and 2007 (the latter when he presented the original iPhone to the world) and the room was electric with this man's passion. People have made fun of the reality distortion field and all that, but I have never known a man to be able to hold an audience in the palm of his hand for over 90 minutes sharing his passion... there will never be another Steve Jobs and I was lucky enough to see him at the peak of his powers. [sigh]

Post a Comment