Pages

09 May 2012

Week 2: Where to present?

As I was going through a list of conferences, I came across about six conferences that I feel would be best suitable. I was thinking, "Wow there are six I can choose from! That's great!" I thought that it was going to be difficult to locate a conference that would suit my research. Looking over the six conferences, I was able to narrow it to three. This is harder than I thought.
I was hoping to cut more than this. I feel like the show, The Bachelorette. So many to choose from, liking them all and not sure if they will like my research back. How to choose just two? That's my question now. I'm not sure which conferences would be the best one or should I say the one that would accept my presentation. The last three that I think would suit the presentation are the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Exposition & Conference (PETE&C), Hawaii International Conference on Education (HICE), and Florida Educational Technology (FETC) Conference (FETC).

PETE&C: I choose this conference as one of my choices because the PETE&C contains a topics that suits my research. The topic is professional development. My research was on motivating and engaging learners in their professional growth while using a learner-centered teaching method and utilizing Web 2.0 tools. In addition, they cater to higher education professionals.

HICE: This particular conference is located in Hawaii. Wouldn't it be nice to go to Hawaii? Well that is totally not the reason why I choose this conference, (by the way, I am still on the fence with this one.) The reason why I am interested in this one is because similar to the PETE&C it caters to Higher Education. Now, I am on the fence because the topic Higher Education is VERY broad. I took a look at previous conferences and noticed that the conferences are filled with many presentations in one day, even within a 90 minute session. The section within Higher Education was very small. It seems that not many conferences indulge the Higher Education community.

FETC: Within this conference, there are two topics that I believe would work. The conference is searching for presenters who can speak on the use of Digital Content & Productivity Tools and Instructional Design & Curriculum Delivery. These topics are geared towards Web 2.0 Integration, Online Tools and Resources, Google Education Applications, and Engaging Learning Environments.

Many to choose from. Let's see who accepts. Good Luck!

1 comments:

jbb said...

Wonderful choices, good luck.

Post a Comment